TEMV and Peace Islands Institute are pleased to host an interfaith evening of nourishment for the mind and body on Sunday, June 18, at TEMV, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Join us for an iftar, a Ramadan break-the-fast and study with local leaders. We anticipate guests from Peace Islands Institute, GLILA, and the Islamic Society of Greater Lowell, who will provide some of our repast.
All are welcome, and encouraged to bring a pot-luck dish, such as salad, fruit, pasta, drinks, etc., to share. (Please observe dietary restrictions by bringing only vegetarian dishes, or meat dishes that are kosher/halal and do not contain dairy.) Kindly observe modest/business casual attire, and RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 17, so that we can plan food and space accordingly.
Program (subject to modification):
- 7:30 p.m.: Welcome by the co-hosts
- 7:40: Discussion of fasting practices in Judaism and Islam by Rabbi Robin Sparr and Chaplain Ibrahim Sayar
- 8:05: Peace Islands Institute video presentation
- 8:26: Call to prayer/Athan by Chaplain Ibrahim Sayar
- 8:30: Fast breaking, dinner, and dialog
- 9:15: Dialog discussion briefs, wrap-up of the discussion points and lessons learned
- 9:30: Closing blessings by Rabbi Robin Sparr and Chaplain Ibrahim Sayar; Farewell