- Sustaining for everyone, during both joyful and challenging times.
- Interfaith-friendly and welcoming to all.
- Musical, celebratory, and reflective in our worship.
- Communicating Jewish values through education for children and adults.
- Honoring diversity without judgment.
- Active in working towards social justice in our community and around the world.
We attract down-to-earth members seeking a Jewish home for ritual, cultural, or social reasons. Many of our families include interfaith couples looking for a temple where they will be welcome and a place to educate their children. We do not, nor have we ever, charged for High Holiday seats. (We rely on voluntary donations by those who attend.)
Inclusion is a core belief of the members of Temple Emanuel, and we put that belief into action. Membership is open to all who are committed to or are exploring Judaism: singles, couples, parents and their children, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, couples where both are Jewish and couples where one — or both — is not, people with extensive Jewish knowledge and beginners. Our current membership reflects that diversity. We welcome everyone who wants to find community with us.
Our mission is to provide a welcoming atmosphere which encourages Jewish spirituality, learning, and community, and to share these values with others. We hope you will join us in that journey.
TEMV belongs to the Union for Reform Judaism, the principal affiliating association of Reform Judaism in North America. Other affiliations include the Synagogue Council of America and the Greater Lowell Interfaith Leadership Alliance.