To become a member or renew your membership, please:
- EITHER complete the online Membership Pledge Form below OR click here to download, print, and return a paper version.
- AND print and return this Household Information Form.
Our members form the heart of our congregation. While we welcome all to worship with us and participate in many of our activities, we also extend some additional benefits to those who are paying members.
By becoming a member, you:
- Help ensure the Jewish cultural and spiritual presence in the Lowell area.
- Help support a vital Jewish religious school in Lowell.
- Show your support and belief in TEMV, its community, and all that it represents.
- Rabbinic support and spiritual counseling for life cycle events
- Pastoral care: phone calls and hospital visits to ill or injured as possible
- Home shiva support
- Yarzheits of your loved ones remembered in the Bulletin and on Shabbat. You will receive a reminder card in the mail
- Celebrations during Shabbat services to commemorate special occasions, such as an upcoming wedding or baby naming
- Religious School for their children
- The right to attend all Board of Trustee meetings (except executive sessions)
- Voting rights at Annual and Special Meetings
- Right to be a member of the Board of Trustees
- The right to be a committee chair
- Reduced rate for business ads in TEMV communications.
A Note from the Board
Our Temple continues to be a warm, welcoming, and eclectic place where we gather to support each other and build a vital Jewish community. Rabbi Robin Sparr brings us her passion for Jewish life, worship, and song along with thought-provoking education programs and pastoral support.
Most importantly, each of you adds to the energy and spirit that make TEMV unique. Whether you attend High Holy Day services, Friday services, adult education classes, or participate in social action, volunteer on committees, play Mah Jong, or have children in our Religious School, you help TEMV flourish. Whatever time and outreach you give is essential in making TEMV the special place it is for all of us.
As you know, even as TEMV continues to provide for its members, it is facing financial challenges. One of the most important things we can do—in addition to giving our time and energy—is to support it with our membership pledges.
We expect each member to contribute financially to TEMV in return for the benefits of membership, which include the right to participate in all social and ritual activities, including High Holy Day services; receive pastoral care from Rabbi Sparr; be on committees; hold leadership positions; and take part in all-congregation votes.
It is crucial to the financial well-being and sustainability of our community that each of us commits to a designated amount the TEMV community can rely on. Whether it is $20 or $1000 per month, it all makes a difference. Please consider what the right amount of financial support is for you and your family this fiscal year, and indicate it on the Pledge Form.
Additionally, we ask that each member family provide an oneg for at least one Shabbat service a year, with snacks and treats for all to enjoy after (or sometimes before) the service.
Your support is enormously appreciated, this year more than ever.
The Board of Trustees,
Temple Emanuel of the Merrimack Valley
Membership Pledge Form
The treasurer is always available at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any concerns or questions.
Temple Emanuel is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.