As a Merrimack Valley organization, we are saddened by the tragedy that struck our neighboring communities yesterday when gas lines exploded in Lawrence, Andover, and North Andover. We wish healing of hearts, bodies, and homes to those impacted by these events, and we encourage people to support these organizations (among others)—and to contribute needed supplies [updated 9/17]:
Several generous community members from the Merrimack Valley Jewish Federation have offered their hospitality to those in need of temporary housing, and MVJF is happy to make the connection for you. Email Laurie@mvjf.org.
Donation drop offs: Lawrence Senior Center—but see We Are Lawrence first for a list of what is needed and what isn’t.
Other organizations and funds helping with relief efforts:
- Andover Community Trust
- Bread and Roses Lawrence
- Elevated Thought
- Greater Lawrence Community Action Council
- Greater Lawrence Relief Fund, established by TD Charitable Foundation and United Way in response to the disaster
- Groundwork Lawrence, Lawrence Relief Fund
- Lawrence Emergency Fund, established by the Essex County Community Foundation in response to the disaster
- Lazarus House Lawrence
- Merrimack Valley Gas Explosion Relief Fund, established by Enterprise Bank in response to the disaster. Donations can be made at any branch
- MSPCA-Angell, which is taking in pets displaced by the disaster
- North Shore-Merrimack Valley Relief Fund, established by Eastern Bank in response to the disaster.Donations can be made at any branch